Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Gender Myths: Fact or Foe?

Moving on from the Drano Pee Test, my friends at work decided they wanted to try some of the gender myths you read and hear about. They wanted to compare it to my drano pee test result to see if it was the same. So during our next "Specials" meeting, they told me so lie down on the table. Our music teacher at McLaughlin stood on a chair with a long piece of string with a pencil to see if it swirled in a circle (girl) or moved back and forth (boy). Feeling awkward, everyone watched the pencil go back and forth and then suddenly start to circle. Camera's started flashing (b/c they know I scrapbook) and everyone was ooooOOOooing and AWwwwwing. Then some one mentioned that they thought you had to have a piece of metal. So we then switched the pencil for a ring on the string and did the whole process again. Again, camera's flashing, it started back and forth, then started to circle. We all laughed at how funny it was! What a fun "meeting!" Then I got an email from a friend who asked if I had done the Chinese gender calendar. You put in some information and it's a scientific study to see if it's a boy or girl. It has been researched and known to be 75% correct. With my info, it showed a girl. I am prepared for either boy or girl and wouldn't mind either or. I am counting down with just ONE MORE WEEK to see the results! We'll keep you posted. I can't wait to start the room!! :)

1 comment:

  1. We have done the string test and it is pretty accurate. It proved right for us. Looking forward to hear the results in a week.

    ReplyDelete